Diversity Advancement Scholarship
The Diversity Advancement Committee (DAC) of Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers (Midwest ACE) is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for graduate students in Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, Higher Education, Human Resources or a related field. Recent graduates in their first year of employment in Career Services or Human Resources may also apply.
This scholarship will allow the recipient to attend the Midwest ACE Annual Conference, Jul. 24 - 26, 2017 in Detroit, Michigan. The scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to present at the conference, network with current professionals in the field, attend workshops and seminars for professional development, report on their experience in the Midwest ACE Bi-Monthly Announcement and much more!
The deadline for completed applications is Wednesday, May 3, 2017. Materials must include the completed DAC scholarship application form, résumé (which can be uploaded via application form) and an Annual Conference educational session proposal.
The scholarship covers:
- Complimentary registration to the Midwest ACE Annual Conference
- $500 Scholarship Award
- One-year individual membership in the Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers.
Applicants must have an interest in pursuing a career in Career Services or College Recruiting and meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a graduate program in the field of Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, Higher Education, Human Resources, or closely related area
- In one’s first year as a career services or human resources professional.
- Scholarship application submitted below
- Upload résumé (maximum of two pages) and cover letter outlining career goals within scholarship application
- Submit an Annual Conference presentation proposal related to diversity and/or inclusion in the workplace, career services, recruiting or other closely related area.
- Attend the full Midwest ACE Annual Conference in Detroit, Michigan
- Present the submitted conference proposal at the Annual Conference.
- Participate in the conference by attending events including the new professionals orientation, dinner/reception, keynote(s), business meeting and Diversity Advancement Committee meeting.
- Serve as an active participant on the Diversity Advancement Committee for the 2017-18 fiscal year.
- Submit a brief summary for the Midwest ACE Bi-Monthly Announcement e-blast highlighting how attending the conference contributed to your professional development.
The deadline for all completed applications is May 3, 2017. Materials must include the completed DAC scholarship application form, résumé (which can be uploaded via application form) and an Annual Conference educational session proposal.
If you have questions about the Diversity Advancement Scholarship please contact Midwest ACE Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.